Piercing Aftercare Instructions
Wash hands thoroughly before touching the piercing!
Body, face and ear piercing treatment
- The piercing should be rinsed in the morning and after sweating or other contamination. However, piercing should not be washed too often, 2-3 times a day. Jewelry should not be removed during washing.
- After washing, the piercing must be carefully dried with a clean (preferably sterile) cotton cloth, etc. Keeping the piercing dry will prevent inflammation.
- Disinfectants and lotions are not good for piercing. Prefer to use saline solution for cleaning (see the end of the page for instructions on sea salt solution).
- When the skin around the piercing dries, place a light layer of odorless moisturizer on it. However, it must not go through the piercing itself.
- During the healing period, it is good to wear loose, clean and breathable clothing in the piercing area. Change sheets regularly.
- Piercing should not be touched unnecessarily, so it wont get irritated.
- During the first and second weeks, it is good to avoid sauna and sweating. It is good to avoid public saunas, swimming and bathing for at least a month.
- No chemicals, such as hairspray, lotions, or alcohol-based cleansers, should get to the piercing.
- Avoid anything that may irritate your piercing like sleeping on it, tight clothes, other jewelry, etc.
Oral piercing treatment
- Ice cubes and ice water, etc., reduce swelling and it is therefore advisable to enjoy plenty of cold.
- The mouth should always be flushed after eating or smoking, etc. with cold water.
- Good oral hygiene is important. Use a new toothbrush and foam-less toothpaste. Teeth must be washed thoroughly in the morning.
- Use mild mouthwash in the morning. Instead of mouthwash, saline can also be used (see the end of this leaflet for instructions for sea salt solution). Too strong mouthwash can even lengthen the healing time.
- It is important to eat well, but remember to chew the food carefully.
- During the healing process, it is good to avoid alcohol, smoking, moving the jewelry, and mucous contacts.
Sea salt solution
- You can buy saline solution from a pharmacy, but it is also easy to make at home. You only need salt and water for homemade saline!
- 2 dl of boiled water + ¼ teaspoon of iodine-free sea salt.
- Let it cool properly before allowing the piercing to soak in it for about 10 min.
If you have any problems or you have additional questions, you can always contact us!
+358 (0) 504040777 // firstname.lastname@example.org